A Delicate Desert Flower

A Delicate Desert Flower

Monday, August 9, 2010

Packing, cleaning, packing, and more cleaning!

It took awhile this morning for my brain to accept that I didn't have to go to work.
"But it's Monday!" my brain said.
And way back in the recesses of my semi-consciousness, a little voice whispered "You don't work there anymore. Go back to sleep, silly."
And I did.

Today finds me packing, sorting, and cleaning up after this past weekend's hoopla. The art yard sale went very well, with the support and generosity of many friends and visitors who saw the signs or the ads on craigslist. I was relieved of almost three quarters of what I put out. The rest will go to a friend for her yard sale and the other stuff can go to the Salvation Army. They like to make a space as soon as they see my car pull in ;)

I made it a point today to take down any remaining decor, pictures, and photos and pack them away. I have eleven days until I leave, and this place needs to stop feeling like home. For my own good, I need to start separating myself from my mother's house. It'll make the transition easier. I also have to re-think what I'm packing, because I want to include a couple of things from home that will make me feel more at ease in my new apartment. Just little things, like photos, one of my pillows, my wall calendar, and other small miscellaneous things. The school does allow me a moving allowance, but I have to make the initial expense myself. Being that I don't have a lot of reserve cash, I'm packing like I'm moving to a desert island. Which, if you think about it, I am.

That's it for now. Just wanted to drop a quick entry so I get more in the habit of updating regularly. Granted, internet access will be sketchy when I first get there. Still, I am going to do my best to update consistently.

1 comment:

  1. Home is where the heart is. It will always be your home, you're just going on an adventure...which means you'll be back too.

    Enjoy this! Think of it as a fun (2 year long) road trip! ;) I did when I drove across the country. Think /forward/, not back, and remember you have modern technology. You'll never be completely alone.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Feedback is always appreciated and I thank you. Derogatory, inflammatory, or just plain nasty comments will be deleted.