A Delicate Desert Flower

A Delicate Desert Flower

Friday, August 17, 2018

Driven To This Point

Sonar and I have accomplished A LOT since I posted back in 2013. I had just finished one of the most amazing chapters in my life traveling and teaching abroad. I am now 40, starting my fifth year of teaching high school literature, reading, and art, and just celebrated the one year anniversary of the purchase of my first home. I'm single, a lone wolf with a terrorist cat, and quite comfortable with my situation.
Here is the irony.
Irony is the spice of life, kids!
With ten years teaching experience, a Master's degree, and five years in at a public school district, I am still struggling to make ends meet. Bernie Sanders, I am your poster girl for someone with a good job, excellent education, and stagnated wages! So, I had to find a job that would be flexible enough that I could teach, work on my art, not lose my social life to a second job: enter Lyft.
Trust me, I agonized. I read blog posts. I checked reviews on Indeed. I'm a teacher. I researched the hell out of it. That's what we do. We overthink things until we drive ourselves nuts, plan for all contingencies, and only then do we move forward cautiously. I finally got up the courage to apply, and off I drove.
The jury is still out on whether or not this is financially worth it. We'll figure that out as we go. Until then...I am Uplyfted.
Come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Feedback is always appreciated and I thank you. Derogatory, inflammatory, or just plain nasty comments will be deleted.