A Delicate Desert Flower

A Delicate Desert Flower

Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Late Night Lyft of Peter Sellers

I picked up a very nice couple from a concert down at the Sands SteelStacks around 11pm. They were happily drunk and had had a very good time. They spotted me first, walked up, and began to get in the car before I saw them. There were people coming from everywhere, cars pulling out in all directions after this concert, and then my car door opens and people start getting in. Very disconcerting, but after I confirmed the riders' names it was cool.
Neither were from the area. The gentleman was Australian, and his wife was from NJ. They lived in Cherry Hill. They chatted about the concert as I weaved us through heavy traffic toward the 2nd Street Bridge. Somehow, we got on the conversation of Peter Sellers. I don't know how these things happen, they just do. As we crossed the bridge, we talked about how awesome he was as Inspector Clusoe in the Pink Panther films. The gentleman talked about other films I hadn't seen. It was generally agreed that he was an amazing, though unorthodox actor. I told them my absolute favorite Peter Sellers' performance was actually on the Muppet Show. He never left character. This Australian guy and his wife were just enchanted with this idea and he started looking for it on YouTube. I dropped them off at the Hotel Bethlehem after recommending a bar or two (I can do that now!) and wished them a good night.

And now...
Peter Sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Feedback is always appreciated and I thank you. Derogatory, inflammatory, or just plain nasty comments will be deleted.